Capabilities and Commitments
We believe that a successful building is one you can afford and that meets the needs of your family and personal lifestyle. At Nicola LogWorks we are committed to quality construction and thorough planning. We strongly encourage our customers to create a design/build team consisting of engineer, designer, log builder/timber framer and general contractor whose purpose is to interpret your concepts, trouble shoot problems and offer solutions in order to deliver the best possible product in as streamlined a process as possiible.
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR CUSTOMERS:
You will never be treated as a commodity at Nicola LogWorks; We take an active interest in your individual needs, wishes and realities.
- We will never tell you what you want to hear in order to make a sale. Most people do not have unlimited resources - we offer realistic assessment of your plans, your site and local conditions.
- We will access your total budget (not just what you intend to spend on your log home package), and tell you if your budget is realistic.
- You can expect innovative and achievable ideas and solutions to correspond with your unique circumstances; land, access, local building code and personal tastes.
Design and build
We express ourselves through our mastery of traditional joinery, and by utilizing leading edge technology. Getting the job done may mean using a full CNC facilty, our custom lathe or "ABBy" the Robot as well as implimenting our hand cutting skills.
Each project is unique and we take into consideration not only our part of a project, but how our product and services interface and connect with the other trades-people on the project.
We were early adopters of 3D modeling; all of our projects are digitally built before we start cutting.
Our areas of unique production expertise include:
Capacity for lathing large logs up to a diameter of 42” and length of 58’.
Piece-en-Piece Log and Timber Structures.
- Post and Beam Log Homes
Custom Spiral Stairs/Timber Stairs
Robot Assisted Building Procedures incorporating all hand-crafted detail
Architectural Details and Timber or Log Components (trusses, posts, decorative assemblies, and other custom joinery)
- Steel and steel design for both decorative and structural connections.
- Hidden bolting and connection solutions for seismic zones.
Our Heavy Timber Services (Commercial) Include:
- CLT (Cross Laminated Timber)
Custom log and timber joinery
Sequence and crane planning strategy
Communication, 3D modeling (trouble shooting) and pre-planning
Rigging and Lifting Strategy
We are Passionate about:
- Mixing Round with Square
- Communication and Design/Build Teams
- Offering structural solutions to creative inspiration
- Cooperative Ventures and Creative Synergy
- Life-long Learning
- Building Real Homes for Real People!